First tired with our best friends, this recipe has become one of Chris and I's favorites! Super simple and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, this recipe is great as a not so guilty indulgence or for those giving a plant based diet a try.
For the potato crisps
- 2 russet potatoes—cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
For the walnut taco meat
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon. olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon. cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Optional (highly recommended) toppings
- Green onion
- Favorite salsa
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the potato slices to a bowl with 1-2 tbsp. oil and toss to coat. Lay them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden, flipping once halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In food processor add all walnut taco meat ingredients. Pulse until mixed and crumbled texture. If you don't have a food processor, finely chop walnuts and mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- When potato crisps are done top with salsa, walnut meat, green onion, avocado and any other nacho topping you desire.