Vegan Banana Bread
We eat so many bananas! They are our "I'm hungry but I'm unsure of what I want" snack. Unfortunately, Chris and I have differing standards of what makes a good banana. I love them when they are green and crunchy. Once they're all yellow, they are too sweet and soft. But that's when Chris loves them. So every week I'll eat a few as soon as we get them and he is left to try to finish them off. We are always left with a few over ripe guys and this is where this recipe comes in! Banana bread makes me look forward to the few straggling bananas!
- 3 overripe bananas
- 3 Tablespoons of Chia seeds
- 6 Tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360°.
- In small bowl, mix chia seed with 6 Tablespoons of warm water. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in medium mixing bowl. Add oil and maple syrup and mix well!
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes. The top should be nice and brown.
You can add chocolate chips or walnuts to fancy this up a bit! I like to sprinkle oats on top of ours! Perfect with coffee in the morning or a cup of tea in the evening. I hope you enjoy!