Apple and Pear Bake
This has become another one of our winter time favorites! It's warm and so good. We will make a batch and keep in the refrigerator all week for breakfast or a late night snack! It's perfect with a bit of Snicker doodle Cashew ice cream!
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBSP coconut or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 RIPE pear, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375’F. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
2 In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir well to combine.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be soupy. Stir in the apples and pear.
5. Pour the oatmeal into the casserole dish and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the oatmeal is bubbly and the apples are fork tender.
7. Cool the oatmeal for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a splash of almond milk and drizzle of maple syrup.
8. Cool the oatmeal completely before wrapping it up and placing it in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for 5 to 6 days or in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks.
This one dish will last Chris and I all week. It is a fast and delicious options when we are short on time in the morning. If you give it a try let me know what you think!